specific events to attend:
- art in the park, sunday april 23, 11am-4pm
- bowling with music on sunday: sunday april 23, 12-7pm
here’s a scratchy off-the-top-of-my-head list of my dreams for bilateral petersham…[any suggestions?]
- get inside the old roller rink to take some photos / have a one night only skate / film night [done! see this blog entry]
- hold a pagan ritual under the old water tower
- be shaved at “the locals” barber shop
- take the job advertised for a barista at the palace pantry [update: I’ve decided against this one. What was I thinking? Get a job???]
- work down at the op shop
- host a garage sale
- get invited to dinner by neighbours [good news! an invitation has been extended by tully!]
- invite the neighbours to dinner
- get a special petersham t-shirt made up (there’s some company that does ’em… ) [done! see me wearing it here, or go order one yourself here]
- meet the mayor himself (and maybe go on a bike ride together) [done! read the report here.]
- go visit the historical archives in the council
- go watch the jelly wrestling at the oxford tavern [done! see the report here.]
- play tennis at the school courts
- eat a fancy dinner at “Manna”
- read chapter “having an experience,” from John Dewey’s book “Art as Experience”
- drink throwdowns with the swarthy Portuguese men outside Gloria’s
- find out why this area has become the Portuguese hub of Sydney
- have a look at the Egyptian Room at the local Masonic Temple
- organise the north versus south bowling tournament at the bowlo
- go for a short holiday within the ‘sham…stay overnight at a pub on the north side.
videos to watch:
- the truman show
- kitchen stories (some sorta scandinavian observation of ordinary behaviour idea)
- crimes and misdemeanors, recommended by jasmin…
here’s what I am booked in to do:
- put together an exhibition at Chrissie Cotter Gallery. [booked! It opens 27 May. Yes yes, I know, that gallery is in Camperdown. I don’t know why either…See a flyer for the show here.]
would you like to have a picnic lunch with me at Quinn park? you know the one just off Parramatta Rd near Norton St. when i went to Fort Street high, everyone used to go there to smoke dope.
I work on Norton street and have an hour off for lunch. I could bring supplies over from Leichhardt.
sounds great, ali!
perhaps…wednesday or friday? i think i know the park, there are big rocks in there?